The Babble/On Project

Friday, August 05, 2005

At Least as Good ss a Thousand Words

The third part of the tutorial that I had planned is going to be postponed indefinitely. Instead, at some point next week I'll show a couple of really artistic renderings done with AutoCAD and PhotoShop, an image processing application. I will also talk a bit about the future of drafting as a technique and a profession.

But today, I'll show you what I've been working on after work the past couple of days. The screenshot below shows the office building I've been working on, now with windows and doors and a completed roof. If you recall, I was having difficulty with the roof, but I figured out how to do it by doing the windows. I did most of the windows the same way I did the walls, but there are some fancier windows that I designed for the stairwell that kinda mimic the shape of the roof. I made them by changing how I defined my x,y and z axes, which is a fairly simple trick that I more or less knew how to do already, but didn't think about before.

At any rate, this is just to show how much better it looks with windows. I think that I'm going to try to render it with some realistic surface texture, sunshine and shadows next week.


4 Comments:

  • I like the cartoon clock on the side of the building.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:58 PM  

  • What happened to your links?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:26 PM  

  • My links seem to be working fine. Can you tell me a specific one that you're having problem with? Is anyone else having problems?

    By Blogger Arazu, at 12:34 AM  

  • All of my "Small, Good Things" links were missing last night. But I see they are back now.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home