The Babble/On Project

Monday, August 15, 2005

Thunder, Lightning Strike!

I went to the New York City Dragon Boat Festival yesterday, and it was fun but hot, hot, hot. Fortunately, Commissioner Benepe beseached the dragons for some much-needed rain when someone passed him a mic, and boy did those dragons deliver. I've heard that my very own neighborhood, Williamsburg, was especially hard hit, looking like a tornado tore through it. And take a look at this picture, provided by a friend of a friend of a friend.


Just goes to show that those spires are good for something more than beating out the Chrysler Building.

The title of today's post comes from the title of one of the best records of last year, The Go Team's "Thunder, Lightning, Strike" which sounds like the entire 1980's all mashed up into one album. Lot's of old-skool hip-hop sounds mixed up with new-wavey synths and sit-come themes. It works better than it sounds, trust me. Anyway, I saw that they released a tour-only ep in Australia recently, which I was able to procure through the magic of the inter-web. I can't wait for their sophomore sophomoric effort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home