The Babble/On Project

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Cheesey Design

Perhaps inspired by 30 St. Mary Axe, the building that looks like a gherkin, I have an idea in my head for a big building that looks like swiss cheese. Maybe it will be the headquarters for the Ministry of Cheese in Babble/On. I decided to poke around on line to find some precedents. Here's a link to a little swiss cheese house that looks like it should be used in conjunction with a Monopoly board printed on a giant Triscuit. Then I found this building, which looks like the kind of swiss cheese that classy, jet-setting robots would eat.

Here's a rough sketch of the basic idea. The blue part would be glass and the yellow would be colored concrete or something. I'll probably be working on this for the next week or so, although I'd like to do a fancy modern house also.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home